From the comfort of your house or anywhere in the world, observe activities of nesting birds and adorable baby birds in this birdhouse featuring a WiFi camera and a solar roof. Hassle-free installation with NO long power or data cable.
The birdhouse is made of naturally rot resistant cedar, with interior floor 5" x 4", and an entry hole 1-1/2". Intended for Eastern Bluebirds, Chickadees, Titmice, Wrens, Nuthatches, Prothonotary Warbler, Downy Woodpecker, Tree Swallow, and English Sparrow. The hole size is customizable. Roof swings open for easy access to the camera and electronics chamber. The front panel swings out for easy cleanup. The interior of the front panel is scored to provide foothold for fledglings. The birdhouse can be fastened to fence or wooden post with two screws (included). **** Note: if you want to install it on top of a pole with a mounting plate, please communicate with the seller and small modifications will be made accordingly.
The camera is very reliable and easy to set up. The camera App for smartphones and tablets is highly rated with 4.5 stars in Google Play Store and Apple App Store, each with over 20,000 ratings. Apps for PC and Mac computers are also available. The WiFi camera has 1080p resolution, activity alert sent to your phone, microphone & speaker (mutable), and infrared (IR) night vision. You may choose to record video only in the presence of activity and it is automatically saved, even when WiFi is off, to a 32 GB micro SD card (included). When the card is full, new video overwrites the oldest. It is not necessary to manually delete old videos. Camera access can be shared with family/friends. Step-by-step instructions will be provided.
You do need to have decent WiFi signal at the installation site, and a WiFi range extender might be installed (at a location inside your house and closest to the birdhouse) for this purpose. As a rule of thumb, if your cell phone sees at least 2 out of 3 (medium) WiFi signal strength, then it will work.
The solar roof, which should face south, provides power for the camera. Three models are offered:
* Model A: This model does NOT come with an onboard battery so that it is safe to leave the birdhouse out all year round. However, camera does not run after sunset or when the birdhouse comes in the shade of cloud/tree/house etc.. It would be a good choice if you want to only occasionally watch the bird activities.
* Model B: This model comes with an onboard Li-ion battery and a dedicated power management system. The battery stores energy for the camera to run after sunset and when the solar panels come into shade during the day. However, the battery is vulnerable below freezing temperature and you may have to take the birdhouse inside in winter. According to tests done in early December in Oklahoma using a birdhouse installed with the roof facing direct south, camera wakes up at 10 AM, and sleeps around 10 PM. Much better performance is expected in the Summer. In the first hour after wakeup when the solar light is still relatively weak, you may experience stalling when streaming to your phone. But the recording is fine.
* Model C: In TURBO mode of this model, the camera runs in the day (from approximately 15 minutes before sunrise to 15 minutes after sunset), stashing some energy in the onboard Li-ion battery to run the camera early next morning. The streaming performance is steady and smooth from the very beginning thanks to the energy saved from the day before. To stream live and/or recorded video in the night, simply push a button to return to the NORMAL mode (as in Model B).
* Solar panels total output 5 W around a Summer noon.
* Internal Li-ion battery in the electronics chamber: 3350 mAh (12 Wh).
- Artisan Birdhouses
- Bird Baths
- Bird Cams
- Bird Feeders
- Fanciful Birdhouses
- Feeder Trays
- Handmade Birdhouses
- Hanging Bird Baths
- Home page
- Metal Birdhouses
- Nesting Materials
- Rustic Birdhouses
- Unique Birdhouses
- Unique Feeders
- Wooden Birdhouses